Clinical Psychology

  • 07/20/2016 3:19 PM
    Message # 4146607

    Hey so I'm an undergraduate student at the moment interning at LPCA for the summer. I'm going into clinical psychology and was wondering how I should go about my postgraduate education. As of now, I've heard that there are programs that merge the Masters and PhD programs into one, and that's what calls my attention but I'm not sure. Any advice or personal experience would be wonderful, not only on postgraduate education, but also the profession entirely. Thank you! 

  • 07/20/2016 6:51 PM
    Reply # 4146987 on 4146607

    Austin, assuming your undergrad major is psychology, or at least that there's a psych department on campus (also assuming you're not doing it all on line), I'd go to the department and sit down with a PhD level professor or assistant professor.  They're much more likely to be able to address your question, since relatively few LPCs are also clinical psychologists.  Short of that, perhaps your advisor at your school could be of assistance.

LPCA Sponsors & Partners



© Copyright 2016 LPCA-GA
Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia, Inc.  (LPCA-GA). 3091 Governors Lake Drive NW, STE 570, Norcross, GA 30071
Phone - 770-449-4547 | Fax line - 404-370-0006 | Email:

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software